40 Days Of Lent.

Matthew 6:2 "So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full."

Matthew 6:4 "So that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward yo
u."


Well, this post will not be entirely about the subject for I am not qualified to talk about religion, as I am not a religious person nor am I totally familiar with the whole word of the Lord from the Holy Bible. Sunday mass is also not a custom/habit/routine for my family and I, but I'm ingenious enough to differentiate good from bad and vice-versa according to the Lord's command.


As long as I live, I have been living amongst the people who made me believe that publishing or parading our own good deeds is something normal and innocent, and should be done to inspire people to potentially emulate our good deeds towards another human being. I am not talking about intimate sharing with our religious group and all that, I meant documented and published charity, helps, good behaviours and etc. Deep inside my heart, I know that it isn't the right way unless if you desperately need so much attention, which is also wrong.

During these 40 days of Lent, people are encouraged to donate, fasting, pray and do good deeds SILENTLY. We are not recommended to share, publish or even talk about our Lent season resolution and determination to anyone, for it usually never succeeded that way. From what I understand, it isn't that Lord did not reward you when you published your good deeds during Lent season, it's just that you already got what you needed which are attention and praises, ergo extra rewards from the Lord is not necessary.

So let us do good things during this Lent season, and whatever resolutions you have, I wish you all the best and may you get the reward you wish for and Happy Lent!!

Ps: If you think that I may have said something wrong, please correct me. Thanks.

Comments

Chell said…
happy fasting! heheheheh :D
ONN said…
U too Chell! Happy fasting!! =D