Fine lines between feelings - hate, like, love...



As much as other people often get confuse with their own feelings, I dare say that I rarely get confused with my feelings. I know myself very well, enough to differentiate my feelings towards other people. For example, I have a crush with a cute guy at the mall, and have the sweetest dream of having him as my prince charming later at night. I may as well see his face everywhere and talk about him 24/7. However, if he comes to me telling that he loves me, I don't think that I'm gonna accept his love instantly. I knew that I just had a crush, not falling in love. I might want him to start over and go slow to see where the new relationship leads us. Maybe I'll fall for him later, then accept his love.


Crush ≠ love | dislike ≠ hate | grievance ≠ angry | pleased ≠ comfy ≠ like

Sometimes I'm amazed to see people who are able to pile up a bunch of names, and put them in a 'Hate-List'. Wow! You got a 'Hate-List'? That's.... cool... *note that "cool" here means UNUSUAL for me*

Seriously, is it really that easy to hate someone? Isn't the word HATE sound too harsh? It cost me a lot more than a provocation to make me hate someone. For example, you hurt my friend then I'll hate you for sure. But if you just walk pass me and call me fat or stupid, don't worry, that isn't enough to make me hate you. Though, you may have to prepare a large amount of money to replace some expensive things you own that will sure be vandalized. I am damn good at being an invincible vandalizer by the way *even the great CSI can't get a solid evidence against me*. It keeps me calm and satisfy, despite avoiding myself from hating someone I dislike. :)

I make myself a Private Dumpster Blog about 3 years ago. I use that blog to express my anger to certain people, usually people around me that makes me mad over something. What I do is I take pictures of that culprit, photoshoped a bit, upload it to the post, then type every single bad thing they did to me that made me feel so angry to them. To spice up the hatred articles, I even type out my wild imagination of getting rid of them, despite all the curses and bad-mouthing....

*I'm so good at photoshoping. I can make you bald, eye-less, look like a 3rd degree burn victim and more ugly things perfectly, that you won't even gonna recognize your own picture*

But here's the thing, I made that blog for almost 3 years already and I only have 3 entries so far. The last entry was from last year! I'm not trying to reflect my "goodness" here, but it bothers me how people can easily hate each other over some silly things.

I'm not good at giving morale speeches. So you don't have to worry, because I'm not gonna type the 'Disadvantages of Hating People' thing. I'm just saying that, you might wanna look back into your feelings and re-consider it before concluding and let it take over your emotional, which will effect your professionalism.

Logic dictates that if you know that you hate someone, and he/she happens to present around your working environment, it is most likely that you would not enjoy your working time. Thus, causes you to (un)purposely be rude and ruin the mood of both sides and leave negative impacts on your work-a-day product.

But, if you know that you just dislike or feeling un-comfy around him/her, your mind can adjust your behavior to try to make things better, by either making yourself comfy around him/her, or maybe look for something you both have in common, and then starting to like and appreciate each other. This my friend, will shortened the war by 5-7 years and save millions of life *metaphorically*!

My point is, learn to know and differentiate your feelings and work it out for better things! You'll be surprise on the blessings you get by being good to people without having to please them. Just learn to know your feelings, let it generates positive energy that feeds your emotional, and let the professionalism do the rest. :)

Ps: Credits to the original owner of the photos. :)

Comments