Blessing is crucial!

Not long ago, someone came to my dad and ask for a church donation. It's a formal donation that came with a form that requires the donor to write down their name and signature on it. That someone told my dad that the donor's name will be announce during that coming Sunday mass and the priest will bless every single donor's mentioned. My dad is a noble man and decided to donate the amount that he could afford, but before did it he was quite surprise to see the form. It was already filled and completed with a name and a signature of si anu.

So my dad demanded a new and blank donation form, but that someone said "Buli juga ba ni uncle. Yang betul si anu mau derma baitu tapi dia tida bawa duit jadi dia bilang pigi minta sama uncle. Dia bilang buli juga macam tu."

My dad got offended a bit and replied, "Siapa bilang buli macam tu? Nah, ambil balik ni borang. Ko bubut dia sampai dia ada duit. Kalau kau mau juga saya derma, kasi dulu saya borang yang baru."

Too bad that someone didn't bring a spare form, so he had to either bubut si anu, or find someone else who's willing to donate on behalf of si anu. After this incident, I'm beginning to think of some uneasy things about my dad. I mean, why not just be a good anonymous samaritan? It's not really bad to actually donate on behalf of si anu, plus si anu is our own relative. Well, at least that's what I thought.

Going on with the post... Last Sunday, I found an interesting manga on the altar entitled 'Manga Messiah'. My sister bought in from the Doulos Book Tour. It's a manga version of the bible stories and it's a fun little comic book to read. *You must be thinking "what's the point of telling me this?". Please be patient as I'm getting there.*

Anyway, as I was reading the manga bible, I reach the story of Isaac blesses Jacob. You can find this verse from the bible on Gen 27: 1-45. It's a story of how Isaac promises Esau that he will bless him all the good things on earth if Esau could go out and kill an animal, and then cook him his favourite meal out of his kill. Then only will he give Esau his final blessing before he dies. Rebecca, Isaac's wife heard their conversation and told her other son, Jacob about what she heard. She then told Jacob to kill a couple of goats and bring them to her so that she can cook Isaac's favourite meal. She wanted Jacob to steal Esau's blessing away. When the cooking was done, she puts the goats skin onto Jacob's arms and neck and also wore him Esau's best clothes. This is to prevent Isaac from distinguishing his smooth skin son, Jacob from his hairy son, Esau.

Long story short, Jacob managed to steal away Esau's blessing without being recognize from his blind and old father, Isaac. Later, Rebecca told Jacob to run away to Haran to avoid Esau's anger and disappointment on him. Esau came back later only to find out about his brother's betrayal and his father's blessings are no longer valid for him. Isaac's final blessing was only one and when he gave it away to Jacob, that's just it and the blessing is forever his and not Esau.

From this story I learn that blessing is crucial. When someone wants to give their blessing on you, it is important that YOU the one that should have it instead of other people. Second blessing is not the same as the first ones. Now I understand why my dad took the action.

Comments