My name is Khan, and I'm not a terrorist.

The actual title was My Name is Khan (MNiK). It is a Bollywood movie directed by Karan Johar, starring by the legendary duo Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol Devgan. The movie was about a Muslim autism guy played by Shah Rukh, namely Khan who've been struggling to meet the president of the USA to deliver an important message after his family fall apart due to the 9/11 incident.

I won't elaborate more about this movie since it'll be a huge spoiler to those who haven't watch it, and I suggest you to do so. Why would you have to watch it? Besides the reason that I told you so, it is also a very interesting movie out of all the Bollywood movie I've seen because it has ONLY stories and NO singing & dancing. WHAT? A non-musical Bollywood movie? YES! You are reading it right. It has NO singing, dancing or love poems recitals and most of all, it has less drama than the usual Bollywood movie. Remember Tom Hanks movie Forest Gump? MNiK has the same mood and storyline but it uses different issue to represent the story. If I might say it based on my own personal rating, it is a great story that everyone must watch! Ooops... I thought I said I don't wanna spoil the excitement, but looks like it's been done already... sorry... so, I guess I'll say this, "another 2 spoiller alerts!!"


Anyway, MNiK left such a great relief and lesson in me because it was represented neutrally yet aggressively. There was a part during the Hindu vs. Muslim war that Khan thought the Hindus were evil, but his mother taught him a great lesson through a simple drawing.



She says that everyone no matter what their religion are, aren't entirely bad as it is dependable on the individual themselves. No matter what your religion is, you can always choose to be a bad or a good person and based on your choice, others cannot conclude other people who has the same religion as you just like the way they concluded you. Mean to say, although all terrorists are Muslim, but not all Muslim are terrorists.

Another part in the movie that somehow catches my attention is the part where Khan made a correction on Dr. Faisal Rehman understanding on the story/verse of Nabi Ibrahim. However, Dr Faisal doesn't seem to be willing to accept Khan's point and still want to build a little terrorist activity/group of his own, and Khan ended up throwing rocks at him and calling him Satan.



Based on this part, it makes me realize that may be, just may be the real terrorist activist really do have misunderstood in the Quran, because from what I've heard so far, the location where terrorists exists are always in the not-well-developed, rural and isolated part of the world. For example Afghanistan, little islands in the Philippine, Kashmir, Sri Lanka, villages in Indonesia and in the other un-developed places in the middle East. I don't think I've heard terrorism group being established in the modern cities even in the Islamic country itself. Well, if there are do inform me and I'll do my own correction.

In my opinion, that is why the Islamic missionary always held and done by the well educated preacher. Because they have better understanding in Islam enough to convince people to join in because of the good verse and teachings. I bet if the missionary was handled by preachers from a rural village with hut schooling education as their highest academic qualification, every Muslim people around the world will be as evil as Noordin Top. Same thing goes to the Christians, if the church missionary was held by the brothers or sisters or simply by the Christian people with no proper qualification to do a missionary, every Christians in the world will certainly be as mean and evil as Adolf Hitler.

So, why hate each other when the real criminal is out there wandering freely? People should really be focusing into helping the government to catch the criminals and not foolishly create another one. I hope this movie will be an eye opener to the Islam haters out there. Please love each other as our God tells us to do so. That's why I live by this quote, "God unites but religion divides".

PS: Tell me what was Khan's message to the president and I'll give you a mystery gift. Ngee~

Comments

Sheena said…
Off topic,i remember my encounter with Shah Rukh Khan last month during trip to KL,ko tingu dia d movie,mimang mcm tu la muka n badan dia,what u see is what u get!very humble!trus sia suka dia!hehe.
ONN said…
AYEEE..... x prsn ada org comment... haha.. sy x juga brapa minat dia tp bila org cakap ni muvi bagus, sy pun gave a try la.. worth la juga.. :)