I hate a sad love story...

I received a bad news yesterday evening. My good friend, Vanessa Samantha love partner just passed away suffering from leukemia. I feel sorry for her lost. It's terrible to lose someone you really love in both optional and non-optional way. In her story, it was non-optional. Her incident reminds me of the love story movie entitled, PS: I Love You.

Thinking of love stories, years ago I've read a comic book that has many stories in it. Kinda like the Doraemon series but it's more to life of youth stories, you know, like Chicken Soup for the Souls? I still can't remember what comic book was it. I thought it was Kaoru's Cake House but I couldn't seem to find this one story I'm looking for. The story goes like this.

Once upon a time, there was this very young boy and a girl who were good friends. They always see each other and accompanied one another no matter where they went. Although the boy was a mute, it doesn't seem to be a problem for the girl to befriends with him. Days passed by, they began to have feelings for one another. There were so many confusions that the girl demanded the boy to express his feelings for her no matter what, plus the girl thought it was unfair that she was the only one who gets to say the L word and not him *wth? he's mute!*.

To satisfy the girl's feeling, he decided to finally express his feelings and say the L word in his own way. So, during the Valentines Day, they went out on a date and the girl was feeling very anxious and nervous thinking of how his boyfriend's voice will sound like. Unexpectedly, the boy didn't say a thing but instead, he gave her a present. The girl got confused but she opened the present anyway. It was a beautiful painting of 8 butterflies drew by the boy himself. In all of a sudden, the girl got very angry and stared at the boy who still seemed quiet and innocent.

"
Is this all that you can do? Paint for me? It's not even my portrait. It's just.... butterflies!" she said. The boy got shocked and went confused with the sudden anger but still remained mute in his spot. "I think this will never gonna work out. You should say something for yourself! I feel so alone being the only one who talks! Now say something!" the girl demanded, but what can he do? He's just a handicapped person who wanted to do something he really want but he can't. Feeling very sad and helpless, he just looked up to the girl and say nothing.

"
I see. So you still refuse to talk at this point. I'm sorry but... I can never love someone who doesn't express his love to me. I can't... I'm very sorry!" said the girl before running away leaving the boy clueless and helpless. He wished that he could say something to keep the girl from running away and leaving him but...

Many years have passed by and the girl is now a grown up woman with a family of her own, a good husband and a 7 year old son. She was happy with her life and never re-think of the mute mysterious boy she once knew. While she was doing some chores, she realized her son was drawing something using his crayons. Seeing her lovely son drawing and concentrating, she got curious to know about what her son was drawing. So, she puts the vacuum cleaner down and approached to her son. She was amazed that her son was drawing the 8 butterflies painting hanging from the wall. Suddenly she recalled her past and smiled. "
Aww. Those are lovely butterflies sweetie! You drew it very well!" she complimented her son's attempt.

"No I didn't! I can't draw them right!" cried her son. The mother sighed, smiled and said, "No, it's really pretty. You even got the colors right." The little boy stared at the hanging painting and looked back to his own drawing and said, "But I couldn't draw the letters mom! I don't know how!" The mother looked at the painting and said, "What letters dear? There were just butterflies."

"Can't you see? The letters are in the butterflies!" claimed the son. She looked back at the painting, there were 8 butterflies altogether, and when she looked carefully at the butterflies wings pattern, she saw 8 letters in each of the butterflies spelled, 'I LOVE YOU'. She got shock and went speechless for a moment.

"Mommy, help me draw the letters please." pleaded the son, so she helped her son with the letters. "Mommy, what does it says?" asked the son. "Sweetie, it says I LOVE YOU" answered the mother before she weeped and cried in silence. -THE END-

I cried when I first read the comic strips. Even I couldn't see the letters in the butterflies until the end of the story. I see this post is getting too long so I think I should stop here. I'm sure you could figure out the lesson behind this story yourself. Oh! By the way, if any of you happen to know about the comic that has this story, do let me know. I still want it. :)

PS: May the soul of Maximus Dylan rest in peace beside the people he loves. To you Vanessa, be strong for your friends are always with you on your life journey to support you.

Comments

Unknown said…
huuhu...sedih gak critaa comic tue..sya pn ndak ska nie tngOk cita sad love nie...mmg kin sdih tul huhu...kurang pndai btul nie tue pmpuan...
ONN said…
Kin panas ba crita camni... sakit ati ja d penghujung crita... huhu