Enough with the fuss and move on already!

I checked my email few minutes ago and felt quite surprise to find the updates of the forum regarding to the usage of the term "Allah" in Malay-language Christian prayers. The last time I post a reply on the topic was at 12th January of 2010 and that was it. When this single update appeared in my inbox, it triggered me to pay a visit to the forum again, so I did. There was this lady "a Malay lady I presumed" blurted out her anger about how Christianity stole the term together with the other banned listed term and simply called ALL CHRISTIAN PEOPLE ARE BUTT-HEADS. I intended to reply to that post the minute I finished reading it but unlike her, I am someone who prefers to think of my own words before saying it out loud, although what I say might hurt that particular person I was talking with, I'll make sure that my point was delivered not only nice and proper but also mature, deep and appropriate.

Here's my thought for you~ "you" in this thought is referring to the lady namely "Kebaya Bere" from the forum.

Unlike you Kebaya Bere, us the Sabahans don't live only among us, like Kadazan-Dusun only, Bajau only and etc. We live among various kinds of people with different races, cultures and religion. For as long as I know, Malaysian Christians have been using the term "Allah" for over 300 years without any fuss until you people brought the issue up in the name of Politics. Just for the information, the term was brought into the Malaysian Christian people from the Indonesia through the Holy Bible language conversion. The Indonesian language on the other hand is the old language of the Malays or as history called it, bahasa Melayu kuno.

I did stress out on my previous post that it wasn't totally wrong for the Malays to claim the term in the name of Islam. I posted that thought to make the aggressive Christian people around me to understand my point. I didn't say that it is wrong for the Malaysian Christian to use the term "Allah" as the term do not belong entirely to the Muslim or Islam. All I said was, "why change the words differently from the English version?". Our Father who Art in heaven = Bapa kami yang ada di syurga ≠ Allah Bapa di syurga. Get it? I also said that "umat Kristian tidak sepatutnya...." instead of "umat Kristian tidak boleh...." If you have strong knowledge in Bahasa Malaysia, you would've know the difference between those two. Tidak boleh means strictly not allowed with no compromise, where as tidak sepatutnya means not recommended but not entirely wrong.

If you think that the term "Allah" really belongs to the Islam only, then let me repeat this, it's JUST a language. What really belongs to the Islam is "Allah S.W.T" because the Arabic Christians also address Lord Jesus Christ using the term "Allah" and pronounce it as Allāh al-ʼAb which means God the Father. Now you're blurting your grudge out against the Christians by typing silly things that obviously reflect your narrow-minded personality to the world? *To me, you sounded no different from the baboon in heat!* You must be an under-ground full of grudge activist that plans to create chaos among the Malaysian. Though I'm sorry to disappoint you that even if your plan might be successful here in the Peninsula, it will never give even a tiny shake to the Borneo unity. Unlike you who've perhaps been living your life surrounded by your own people and exposed very seldom with the other 2 races, Chinese and Indians, we the Borneo people have grown up among multiple kinds of people with different racial backgrounds and religion and also have been practicing 1 Malaysia concept long before it was mooted by our Prime Minister.

How do you expect to call yourself a Malaysian if you're still living with your typical-old fashioned-Malay thinking in this multi-racial country? I say that you are not qualify to be a Malaysian, and should probably be living in some place else, probably in wild tribes where civil war is as common as breathing to you in everyday life.

Comments

McIDy said…
bravo my frenz, bravo!!!
u got the point with fACt~
it really true that everything start to mess up becoz they brought it in political issue...
what a jerk~
ONN said…
ya ba kan wid.. pasal politik ja riuh rendah keamanan.... hesh~!
Anonymous said…
It is remarkable, very valuable piece