An iron metal have to be burnt melted to make a sharp blade.

This can be imply to us, mankind. To be strong, one have to go through tough process(es). It's part of our life phase. No matter what you do, if you chose to change yourself to a better version of yourself, then you have no choice but to make improvements. Though improvements doesn't have to be hard and harsh, it is however unlikely to be a pleasant process. What's making this fact hard to swallowed is the nature of mankind to want everything in life to come easy and handy.

I am a normal and imperfect human being just like everyone else. I have always wish that things would be the way that I want them to be, so that I can do everything I wish to do. I am not the kind of person who defines challenges as thrills of excitement. However I do realize that having everything in my way will attract boredom, which perhaps contribute to insanity over power and victories? That is why this quote exists, "insanity is luxury for middle class". I don't exactly know what this quote means but my common sense says, unless if you're a low class or high class people, it is impossible for you to lose your sanity with no serious obstacles standing in your way. I mean, you can't be that worry about your financial if you have just enough money to survive, and you also don't have enough time to be insane since you have work/job to keep your feet on the ground. It's true, most of the mental institution/hospital are occupied by rich patients, whereas the street wandering nutsies always involves the unfortunate ones. I feel deeply sorry for these people.

Anyhow, back to the life changing thingy. I was always advised to blend in with people to make friends. I managed to blend in most of the times. When I failed, I chose to retreat because I don't think it will be a good idea for me to keep trying to be friends to those who obviously dislikes me. It's such a waste of time to win the approval from a bunch of haters who are against you. Moreover, I don't see a point of me having to change myself just to be accepted in a community. Plus, I was never advised to change, just BLEND IN. To me blend in means controlling my temper, watch my language, avoid saying the unnecessary, be nice and kind, and so and so according to the social protocols list. Another thing is, the best way to keep your enemy/haters close is to keep your distance away and let them discover your best values from your friends.

What do this all have to do with the title again if you may ask? I'm saying that people don't turn woods into iron metal to create sharp blades. What people actually do, they process the iron ore to obtain iron metal. Then the iron metal is form and molded into a sharp blade. The iron was never replaced but improved into becoming useful things. Same goes to human being when it comes to socializing. You do not replace your personality to become a better person *which is NOT you*. Instead you changed/improved yourself to be a good person. Being nice to people you occasionally dislike is not hypocrisy. It is what we called behaving because you still hate the person after all. You are just staying out of trouble. Being strong doesn't necessarily means that you are still capable to face people who've hurt you just to increase your number of friends. Being an outcast in a community by the fear of getting hurt again doesn't make you a weakling either. You're just being wiser by recognizing your own emotional limit and letting time heal the emotional wounds. It's a good thing to be wise rather than getting involve with people you dislike just to flagellate your emotional and getting yourself in trouble.

I'm not sure if you really understand what I've just typed but I hope you do. OK! That's my critical thinking of the day for you to ponder.

Have a blessed day!

Comments