A way to encourage your child to go to college (I meant a funner way)

I know I just posted a belated birthday letter couple hours ago but I can't help but thinking of this one after watching the American Pie Presents: The Beta House earlier.

To those of you who isn't familiar with sequels of American Pie movies, it's mostly about guys trying to get laid in several ways that is totally out of your mind *at least to someone like me who isn't exposed much to a free-sex world*. American Pie 6 and 2 presented about college students who hunt sex for entertainment and pleasure *at least that's what I thought the movies are about*. In these American Pie sequels, they show that people in college have better kind of "fun" compared to the high school times.

So, based on these movies ideas, it tells us indirectly that the harder you work during your high school times the better chance for you to have a superb fun when you got into college. Ok. Maybe getting this thought from the American Pie movies is too much but let's look at this more in our real college situations *Malaysian campus students life to be precise*.

I recall during my high-school times, jerks always have the most fun and attention but most of them didn't get the pass to further their study to a college. Which caused them to get stranded for life living an actual life at such an early age. What I meant actual life here are working, marriage, children, pay bills and rents, and etc. Whereby college students were given more time to enjoy youth life by doing many kinds of fun before having to live the actual life afterward. Since youngsters are fond of cool and fun stuff, why don't the parents encourage their children to study hard in high school using fun stuff instead of talking about the bad examples. Of course the bad examples could be an eye opener to the youngsters but fun stuff are always more effective compared to the serious stuff.

I mean, you don't go telling your child "Hey! If you wanna get laid with pretty ladies get your ass into college where you can get as many pretty ladies as you want!" That can work too but as a child, I wouldn't want to hear my mom and dad to ever talk about getting laid with me. I prefer something like this, "Dear child, you may have to sacrifice a little bit of fun during your high-school time, but I promise you'll have even better fun when you get into college." Isn't that sound encouragably fun? *I got the word from an Australian movie*

Perhaps this is what I'm gonna say to any youngsters that question about the importance of hard work at school.

That's it about a piece of thought that I need to express out.

Oh! By the way, the bad drugs alert is a must for every parent to educate their children no matter what phase of life their children are living in. Drugs can be a lethally fun thing to do. Watch the word "LETHAL" because it's true!

Comments