Smart, lame, dumb popularity... then what?

I have met so many people that are dying trying to be popular, I meant those who don't deserve to be popular but struggled to make themselves popular. Those who are naturally popular without having to draw other people attentions are acceptable though, because... well I don't know exactly why but to say that they are born to be popular...

Anyways, people doing something lame and stupid to be popular was one of the estupido's attempt to be popular which I usually observed when I was in high school. Here in the University campus, most popular-wannabe do things that are interesting and smart to be popular, for example joining sports, debates, talk in class presentations and other normal student stuff. Observing these activities made me thought that popular-wannabe who does lame and stupid things to be popular are no longer exist until I met XYZ *bukan nama sebenar*

I admit that this person do many good things and contribution to a group of society and I almost thought that XYZ were passionate about all the so-called contributions and good deeds when I found out that they were all done to make XYZ stand as a different person among the previous leader. It is a good thing if you think about it until XYZ admitted that all the contributions were made for the sake of popularity that XYZ always wanted.

XYZ also has so many faces that is difficult for everyone to tell which is good and which is not good, until someone come up and tell you that XYZ has been talking sh*t about you behind your back. I am smart enough not to fight fire with fire and choose to remain silent for quite sometime now, and watch XYZ fall for the his/her own stupidity. It's not nice to say this but when it involves someone who's done bad things against me, it is quite a pleasure to feel happy and joy on that someone's misery.

XYZ seem to have the popularity he/she always dream of for now and I really hope someday it all will back-fire him/her. When that time comes, I'll be the one who will be happy the most despite his/her sadness and madness. After all, what's next after the lame popularity? :)

Here are some behaviours of the popular-wannabe together with the categories I thought of.

1) Smart pop-wannabe
Join debate, talks, sports, be a leader in a group and do an actual contribution that has given advantages and great achievements to the rest of the group member.

2) Lame pop-wannabe
Be a leader with no real contributions and not-punctual on purpose. Try to impress people with lame stories and appearance.

3) Dumb pop-wannabe
Being plain stupid in the name of popularity.

Comments