Marriage and trust. Hmm...

Okay, frankly I don't really know much about marriage except for what I've seen happening around in my family and friends. I was just triggered to type this post after I read Trixie's status on her facebook account about the relationship between marriage and trust.

"Can we trust our partner after marriage?"

If this question is to be asked on me I'll say, "we must." Not "yes" or "no". Why? Because to me, marriage is a risk a couple have to go through in order to build a family successfully. It may not be a challenging task to do for the first 5 years of the marriage but it will be after 5 or 10 years later. Because people gets bored as time goes by and there is nothing that we can do about it because that is one of the human nature. Even guys who married to a supermodel or an ex-Miss Universe gets bored of their formerly superb wife, so there will certainly be no hell of a chance to the rest of ordinary people like us.

Some say that a successful woman shouldn't be marrying an ordinary man because the career status will somehow be the crisis source in the future. This may be true if the wife disrespect her husband and be over reacted to every single thing in the house. I read that most successful women tend to forget their responsibility as a wife that eventually make the husband mad. Somehow I think if the wife realize this and be more like a real wife, perhaps this problem can be solved but like people said, it's easier to say than actually doing it.

One more problem that may contribute to the trusting issue after marriage is the maturity of the relationship. Personally, I wouldn't want my future husband to lie on my lap 24/7 and spend the nights with sex and silly love talks till the break of dawn. It may be considerable for once, twice or trice in a week but 24/7? Get a life! Talk about the news or how to raise the children or financial planning and stuff. Love won't put food on the table. Love won't add up money into your account.

Another thing that confused me is that husband expects his wife to do all the cleaning and cooking. It's acceptable if your wife is a housewife. If your wife is working and you still need the cleaning and cooking done perfectly, hire a maid because that is what you really need. Personally I want a man who build houses and able to repair all the mechanical stuff around the house. Can you actually do that despite your busy career? Think of it!

One thing for sure that can lighten up the trusting issue is 'sense of humour'. Every husbands and wives has got to have a sense of humour! That is what cheers you up, create smiles and tightened up the relationship bonding.

There are many more things that can be added up but I don't think I can elaborate it wisely because I'm not so sure how things between husbands and wives really work.

There are many aspects of trusts in a relationship. To me, I may trust my man in handling themselves around other girls when I'm not around, but I will never ever gonna give my safe deposit box or pin number to him. Call me an account hacker paranoid but it's just not right for me. I will agree to set up a family savings account but my own account stays privately mine no matter what.

Comments