Stereotypes... I can't sleep without typing this out!

What I understand about the word 'stereotype' is, it's referring to a phrase which you usually label at someone when they over react or having traits that is usually attribute to a particular social or racial group and one who lacks of individuality. For example, I am from Sabah and currently living somewhere out of Sabah and I'm being over proud of myself being a Sabahan by wearing my traditional clothes everywhere I go and act, talk, so many more too much of a Sabahan than those Sabahans who are staying in the district of Sabah. That makes me a Sabahan stereoype. *Im NOT!!*

I keep on listening to this word nowadays. Not that I'm ears dropping on someone's conversation but I just can't halp but overhear it. "Ape la mamat tu. Stereotaip betol!", "Biaselah. Dah spesis stereotaip."

When I look at the 'stereotyped' they talk about, I see no stereotype at all. Plus, I'm now in the motherland of the Malays, so how can a Malay who's living in their own motherland being a stereotype in their own community? There are two types of Malays here, one is the modern Malay and the other is the traditional Malays. I accept it as it is. When I see a Malay who has a good sense of fashion and knows about entertainment and wild stuff, I don't go like, "OMG! You're a wild and a stereotype Malay!!". I mean, if the person grows up around entertainment and wild stuff, that eventually build the kind of person that they are, why would you go and call them a stereotype? It's ridiculous. The racist people are the ones that are friggin' stereotypes!

Don't believe me? Go look for someone who hates other race and look at their lifestyle. Sorrylah, saya tidak makan meggi sebab tu produk haram. Sorrylah, saya tidak guna Nokia sebab tu produk German. Sorrylah, kalau nama kerja sama orang Melayu, I'm out! Sorrylah, saya tidak makan McD sebab tu produk Western. Sorrylah, saya tidak biasa kerja dengan orang cina sebab mentality tidak sama....

F*ck you! I dare you to break your Acer, HP, Mac.... laptop in two, or at least use other brands of laptop software BUT Windows related! Sot!

Comments