Kinky Boots - a movie I like. :)

Have you ever watch Kinky Boots? It's not really a new movie. It came out sometime in the mid of the year of 2006. I saw the preview weeks before I finish Matric and I have always try to look forward to watch it, but of course, it's not really the kind of movie my friends would watch plus Labuan Cinema never put this movie on show. I wonder why...

Anyway, back to Kinky Boots. The thing that made me really wanna watch it was it has great classic and jazz songs in it. I had no idea what this movie was about until I finally get to watch it last year in the HBO channel. Kinky Boots is a movie made based on a true story of a struggling to survive men-shoe factory. Since nowadays stores requires a cheap product that can eventually make people coming back to the stores more frequent, and buy more shoes, they put the long last shoemaker, Price Shoes Factory, deals to a closure which will also force the shoe factory to close down. So Charlie Price, the 4th generation of Price factory had to come up with a new product to save the factory and it's people. He met a transvestite(pondan), namely Lola @ Simon who was having trouble finding a female sex boot that can support her man weight. With Lola's problem, Charlie suggested a new product namely Kinky Boots and manage to save his family's factory, with many complications and obstacles of course.

Hmm... If someone is going to ask me about setting up a factory that will produce products for the homo's, transvestites, lesbian... etc, I won't agree to it. Being a transvestite is not a normal thing and I certainly won't encourage anyone to be it even if they think they "should" be it. Setting up a factory to produce stuff for these people will encourage them to be a denial person into accepting the fact about who they really are. These people need serious help. Although building a factory that produces things for them seems helpful, how are these people going to face life when they get old? You can help them sew dresses, boots, put on some make ups and stuff but we all know that they are not gonna put on all those fancy stuff when they reach 60s. We also know that these people face challenges and mocks as they grow up with denials. Mocks and emotional challenges could leave great negative impacts in mind which could pressurize them and turn them into something bad and horrible in the future. That is why we often see transvestite working as prostitutes on the street, instead of being a successful doctor or a business woman or any other high and prestigious careers.

But of course, fact is a fact and movie is a movie. I don't discriminate movies based on facts. A good movie will always be a good movie no matter how ridiculous the story line is, and to me Kinky Boots is one of them and it will always be my favourite. :)

Comments

Veraa said…
bila mo p yingu wayang!! hahaha...~
ONN said…
nantila 7hb... mau?? hari 6 tu! jan ko cakap ko p buat eksperimen!!!