A piece of thought about the current issue... Indonesian maids with RM600 minimum salary???

It's been quite a while since the last time I posted something on Blogspot. I've been posting my thoughts on friendster's blog and now I've decided to make blogspot my official blog and here is the link to my friendster blog though, http://profiles.friendster.com/sevelonn

Ok, just for Blogspot warm up, just like any other blogger I use blogs to expose my thoughts which could be satisfactions or even dissatisfaction on things that related in the current issue, or even my surroundings towards myself. I write mostly in English (pardon my bad grammars) and also in Malay (Sabahan Malay of course). I may write something that may offends other readers but know that whatever I type, it is coming directly from my heart as I can't sit still listening to my whispering thoughts for so long.

Now here goes my first thought splitting on Blogspot about Indonesia's demand of wanting Malaysia to make RM800 as solid salary for the Indonesian maids working in Malaysia. RM800?? You have got to be kidding me!! I have 3 brothers and sister who are raised by Indonesian maids, mostly from the Republican of Timur Timor. Let me tell you something, as far as watching my younger siblings raised by more than 8 maids, non of these people really deserve to be payed more than RM300 by my own judgment. Not just because their services was bad but they live in our house sharing every bit of food we're having, not as an outsider or a maid but as part of our family member. As far as having maids in the house, only 2 of them are really committed to their job by giving great services to my family. The rest? I'll be gladly to feed them to the crocodile if I ever have the chance to do so!

They tortured my siblings both physically and mentally, steal from us, bad mouthing about my family to their family, take their own day off without my family's permission, turned the house into a stinky pig corral, damages electrical equipments, curse the whole family, bring up their children at work and let them abuse my siblings, hide good food from my family and let my siblings ate just plain rice and soup (although the food was cooked from our groceries), do bad cleaning job which eventually caused poisonous effect to my siblings, putting fingers into my youngest brother's mouth which caused him to suffer mouth ulcer that almost took his life for not be able to consume food and drinks for nearly a week.... fuh!!! Do I need to list out the rest?

Common'! If you really want your people to have better fortune in someone else country with such promising salary, why don't you make sure your people gives us the best service that is worth for such payment? I mean it. A few months ago I went to my friend's house where I witness her brother accidentally dropped a spoon on the floor tile. Guess what? It broke the tile right in the middle and when we examined the rest of the tiles by knocking in the middle of it, we heard empty hollows underneath it. This means the cement were not properly covered the whole tile when they stick it to the floor. When I asked who did this..... I'm guessing you know who. Ever since that, I tend to knock my foot of stores floor tiles and almost everywhere, same thing happens. Empty hollow in the middle of the tile. When you look at buildings wall in Malaysia, you'll be lucky to find a smooth built wall because all you gonna find here is rough walls. I mean really rough. So obviously rough that u can actually see shadows of little bumps on it when you shine the light onto the walls. Now, is RM800 worth it? What about RM600?

Maybe RM600 is quite understandable and logic but you still have to consider their condition. I mean such salary is ridiculous if the maids are staying in the house they worked and definitely too ridiculous if they are allowed to bring their children along with them. After all, the boss is contributing their own money to do the passport and FOMEMA thingy and isn't that enough? Plus the fake age they're using to get themselves employed which resulted to their poor work performance. Younger faked to older and super older faked to much younger. We are not blind and stupid okay. If we see a person appear to be 50s when their documents tell us he/she's 30, do you think we're gonna just take the person and give good payment if their work isn't worth the payment? We might hire him/her because it's our chance to get someone working for us cheap and simple just as the way we need him/her to do, but of course if we need a heavier job from a professionals then we know who and how much we have to pay because there is no little payment for a hard job.

And now Indonesia claim that if we (Malaysians) approve salary no greater than RM600 to their workers, they will not approve the passport renewal among the maids. How ridiculous is that? RM600 for being a maid. One can make a good living out of such work if they are completely provided with shelters and food from the same roof as the bosses.

As for the conclusion, to want this idea to work with no problem from both sides (Malaysia and Indonesia), make sure you build your own Indonesian Maid Agency that provide us (the bosses) details and documents on your maids working rate so that no misunderstood and regret will come up later.

Comments