Legally Blonde(s) and XXX matters!

I admit that I've been such a judging a book by it's cover kind of person for quite a while, and even now I still tend to do so and being quite emotional about it. I didn't realize how stupid I sound with all those prejudgment points till I sit quiet and alone for a while and give myself a moment to think about it later on. Same thing goes about the Legally Blonde(s) movies. First time watching it on the HBO Astro channel, I only watched the first 20 minutes of it and then happily switched the channel to Cinemax and watch Return To Salem's Lot. I felt lucky RTSL was on show because I thought that I would've wasted my time watching another silly blond bimbo movie and get myself annoyed to all those stupid, irritated and silly thing they do. However, after reading some articles on Reese Witherspoon and read about how well and high educated she was, I began to think logically on her first Legally Blonde that someone like Reese will definitely won't contribute her acting skill to a stupid movie without at least a morale value in it, which then made me consider of giving LB a chance only 6 years later after it came out at the cinemas. Only then I realized how great the movie was actually. I love LB 1, LB 2 and the latest one, Legally Blondes even though Reese is not acting in it.

I am not posting this blog to talk about the movie though. What I'm trying to express here is the way I judge things, movies, people... everything totally by its surface. Most of my surface judgment didn't give positive thoughts or points because I tend to focus more on the negative sides and sadly to say that most people are actually doing the same. Well then I guess Bertrand Russel was right by making this quote, "No one gossips about other people's secret virtues." because people tend to focus more on negative things people do like humiliations and bad deeds. Come to think of it, it is true and I think I have a good example here. Think about someone who holds important position in a government and owns the Yang Berhormat (YB) title who have spoiled children who always treats their maids like Cinderella and showing off their hot rides. What we see is cruelty and a simple annoying and irritating arrogance when they are actually giving the maid a nice and sweet place to live and also good payments after doing all the chores and cook, and also a comfortable lift home to their friends. Or another common examples among the student on how bad their lecturers and professors teach during lectures and you don't have any idea at all of what they are talking about, when they are actually giving good grades to those who deserves it. See what I'm trying to say here? It's like looking at a polluted sea where you can obviously see the oils and rubbish floating on the surface of the water when there are actually a splendid and marvelous view of sea creatures and corals underneath the filthy pollution. I think I made my point clear about book cover judgments.

What I think caused this on me is because it's the negative thing that I expect and wanted to see because that's the hot part of it. It's always like that even in our daily newspapers. There are some articles about others good deeds but it's the bad news that always catches readers attention and being highlighted on the front cover that makes people wanna buy the newspaper and read it. Same thing on the internet links. Try to build up a page that has educating, videos, music and XXX links. You will be surprise of the numbers of visitors on the XXX link that is more than 100% viewers on the other three links. No wonder sometime lecturers tend to talk about current issues hot gossip in the middle of a lecture to catch students attention.

Same thing happen when we chooses friends to hang out with. You feel a lot more interested to be friends with someone who knows hot gossips and secret bad personal things on someone else and of course, most of the hot gossips and the secret thingy are not good things or stories about others. This even shows during our younger days during our attempt to fit into a community in our high school. Most of us felt shy to dress ourselves up as a good person, worrying that we might be labeled a good boy/girl. So we tend to dress up inappropriately hoping that we will fit into the majority and spare ourselves from the minority of good people just to be cool, popular and accepted.

In my opinion, there are several types of people in this world, or in my community at least. There are Mother Theresa (MT), Osama, Bush, Santa Claus (SC), Robin Hood (RH) and Amsterdam. An MT person are well known by people with their good deeds and truly not and never ashamed of it. Osama person, wants the world to know how bad they are, Bush person are bad people who wants people to believe that they're good, Santa Clause person are someone who liked and love by people from around them for doing good things when they are actually a bad person. RH person are hated by their bad deeds who actually does good things towards people. Lastly, Amsterdam person are not that well known kind of person of anything but somehow have really bad things inside of them. You all can guess why I choose MT, Osama, Bush and RH but why Santa Clause? Because we know SC is actually giving presents and happiness to children during Christmas but they are actually breaking into people's house in his very clever way without even making the people in the house realize he's doing it. Amsterdam? Someone once told me "Good people goes to heaven and bad people goes to Amsterdam" and I only know later that Netherlands in Amsterdam is actually a place where sex is everywhere despite it's Muslim cultures and rapidly increasing numbers of the Muslim people each year (Please, no offense to the Muslims because it's a fact).

I don't believe there's a solution to these things because it's not even a problem. It is something that makes each of us different in so many ways and that's just the beauty of us as people. If we are all ought to be the same, then we are no difference form the animal or robots. Although it sometime causes trouble among the people, but what's causing it is actually misunderstood and that is normal, I guess.

So, I guess that's it for this post now I wanna go watch some movies!!!! Yay!!!

Comments